Trial Technology Specialist
Senior Graphic Designer/PowerPoint Presentation Specialist
1) Trial Technology Specialist
This is a New York City based position. Applicants must be located in the New York metropolitan area or within reasonable commuting distance for assignments in NYC and environs, Northern New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania.
A Trial Technology Specialist is an integral part of a trial team, providing 24/7 on-site support during bench or jury trials, arbitrations, research exercises or other presentation situations. They present the evidence live at trial using the latest presentation software. Trial Techs also rehearse with the attorneys and their witnesses as well as create video clips and pre-treat documents. When not actively supporting trials, the Trial Tech will assist with electronic pre-trial production, site surveys and any other client service needs.
- Implement the latest trial technology solutions in the courtroom and undergo continuous training to maintain a mastery of the latest presentation applications such as Trial Director, Sanction and PowerPoint.
- Create and maintain evidence database incorporating electronic exhibits, video depositions, documents, animations and graphics/demonstratives for use in trial and other settings.
- Handle multiple tasks/requests simultaneously in a high-pressure environment while maintaining the highest level of client service and professionalism.
- Provide lawyers and support staff (trial team) A/V and technology options for the courtroom.
- Implement and oversee technology equipment setups for courtrooms and war room spaces, including coordination and management of third-party vendors when necessary.
- Coordinate and plan with various contacts, including judges and their courtroom staff, arbitrators, opposing counsel, and their support staff as well as client Practice Support staff.
- Keep accurate time and expense records and submit them on schedule and in their entirety.
- A minimum of 3-5 years litigation support experience.
- A working knowledge of the litigation process and the application of trial technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently or in a group under significant pressure.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills and the ability to self-manage.
- Capable of consistently meeting the strictest, time-sensitive deadlines and utilizing available resources to meet client needs.
- Proven time management skills and attention to detail.
- Expert proficiency using trial presentation software such as Trial Director; graphics and presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop; transcript management software such as LiveNote; standard litigation support software; and other business software such as Lotus Notes, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from various computer applications and to learn and utilize new applications on an expedited basis
Travel up to 75% of the time (and sometimes at a moment’s notice), work on site with clients during normal working hours and be available when necessary before or after normal working hours; a completely flexible schedule is required.
Travel duration can, at times, range from several weeks to months, often without the opportunity to return home until the completion of the project - ability to engage in off-site travel as required to meet the demands of the job and needs of the client.
Required to monitor and respond to email after hours and on weekends.
Please send resumes to Gary Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Senior Graphic Designer / PowerPoint Presentation Specialist
Expert in creating persuasive presentations that convey complex evidence simply and convincingly through the use of computer-based applications.
- Expert in creating visual technology tutorials.
- Comprehend highly technical information and turn it into simple compelling graphics.
- Ability to visualize abstract concepts and translate into easy to understand visuals.
- Capable of collaborating with attorneys and technical experts.
- Hands-on graphics production capabilities: Exceptional PowerPoint skills, Adobe CS 5.5 (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), other 2D & 3D animation capabilities a plus.
- Minimum 8 -10 years experience on the items listed above.
- Work with graphics team of consultants, art directors, designers, animators, videographers and presentation specialists.
- Review and comprehend legal briefs and documents i.e., expert reports, patents, and other source materials.
- Active in the development of visual concepts, designs, sketches, and graphic recommendations.
- Work on-site with attorneys and experts to discuss and develop strategic visuals.
- Complete projects in accordance with time constraints and deadlines.
- Responsible for additional administrative duties as required.
- Some travel required to accommodate on-site work.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
3) Junior Videographer
The Junior Videographer should be able to setup and operate the Audio/Visual equipment. Edit video, Troubleshoot issues with A/V equipment setup. Lift heavy boxes 50+ lbs., package, ship and create labels for A/V equipment. He or she should support more senior research staff by: setting up and providing audiovisual support for research exercises, gathering demographic data in venues. Assisting clients with Video needs.
- Prepares, sets up, and uses audiovisual capabilities for research activities.
- Prepares notification paperwork to supervisors, associates and accounting.
- Video tape/edit various projects.
- Pack/Ship/Log video equipment for projects.
- Experience and proficiency with digital video camera’s and audio setup, recording, and post-production.
- Experience and proficiency with various software: video editing, word-processing programs and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Windows based computers, video cameras.
- May have some experience with statistical analysis.
- Highly responsive to feedback.
Compensation and Working Conditions
Frequent travel on short notice and extended hours as required to meet client deadlines.
DecisionQuest offers an industry competitive salary as well as health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) plan and ESOP. EOE.
Please send resumes to Troy Reddington at Treddington@decisionquest.com.