Miles Hutton is a Senior Consultant in DecisionQuest’s Boston office. Dr. Hutton works with high-profile clients on case evaluation, strategy development, venue studies and juror profiling. He has consulted a variety of cases throughout the country including insurance, contract, patent, securities, pharmaceutical liability, white-collar crime, antitrust, asbestos, and toxic tort matters.
Prior to joining DecisionQuest, Dr. Hutton worked as a research psychologist and a marketing consultant. Several of his academic articles have appeared in such publications as Journal of Immigrant and Refugee Services, Psychiatric Services, and Psychological Services. Additionally, Dr. Hutton taught research methodology and statistics to undergraduates at the City University of New York, York College and to graduate students at Columbia. As a marketing consultant at Arcature, Dr. Hutton worked with Fortune 500 companies to empirically evaluate and enhance the companies’ brand value.
Select Media Appearances:
- February, 2014. WBZ Radio Boston. Interviewed about jury selection for the Whitey Bulger trial.
- February, 2014. NECN (New England Cable News) Television. Interviewed about likely juror reactions to the Whitey Bulger case.
- Hutton, E.M. (January 2016). Four Common Juror Misconceptions in Patent Cases (And What A Defense Attorney Should Do About Them). Decision Points (web-based publication).
- Hutton, E.M. (March 2014). Meet The Millennials: The Not-So New Members of Your Jury. Decision Points (web-based publication).
- Hutton, E.M. (March/April 2011). Insuring Your Case Against What Jurors Think They Know About Insurance. Litigation Commentary and Review. Pages 49-51.
- Hutton, E.M. (April 2008). A Roadmap for Defending an Industry: Five Common Juror Misconceptions in Pharmaceutical Product Liability Cases. Of Counsel. Pages 1-3.
- Herman, J.N. & Hutton, E.M. (Spring 2007). Jurors’ Perception of Corporations and Litigation: The Role of Ethnicity. Products Liability Journal, ABA Section of Litigation, Committee on Products Liability Litigation. Pages 6-7.
Select Speaking Engagements
- Hutton, E.M. (August, 2020). How Will Juror Attitudes Ultimately Be Affected By The Coronavirus? Webinar presentation given to the Inner Circle of Advocates.
- Hutton, E.M. (March, 2015). The Jury Pool Today. CLE presentation at Nutter McClennen & Fish, LLP in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hutton, E.M. (November, 2012). How to Ask the Tough Questions to Identify Dangerous Jurors. CLE presentation at Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Hutton, E.M. (February, 2012). Jurors on Generics: Successful (and Instructively Unsuccessful) Case Themes and Graphics from ANDA Cases. CLE presentation at Alston & Bird LLP in New York, New York.
- Hutton, E.M. (April, 2011). Patent Jury Inquiry. CLE presentation at Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C. in Boston, Massachusetts.